1. INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
In visiting the Site and using our Services, we collect information to provide better services to our users and improve our business. We may collect information in the following ways:
We collect information you give us: For example, some of our Services, such as those we provide to advertisers, publishers and business partners, may require signing up for an account with us. When you do so, we may ask you to provide certain information such as your contact information and billing information. We may also ask you some questions about your business in order to learn more about you so that we can assist you with your business needs; such information may include the number of employees in your business, the field in which you operate, your advertising budget and your website address. In addition, when you contact us with questions, comments or for purposes of customer/technical support, we collect the information contained in your message, which may your contact information and any other personal information you provide. We will also collect such information when you ask to be included in our mailing lists or express an interest in hearing more about the Services, in order to send you information in the future regarding the Services, our partners, related services, promotions or events. We may collect your contact information through optional surveys we may conduct from time to time in respect of the Services.
Information we get from your use of the Services: In addition to the above, we may collect further information from you automatically. Whenever you visit our Site or use our Services, web servers may automatically collect and aggregate information in respect of your visit through the use of “cookies” and otherwise. This information may include referring websites, browser type, browser language, operating system, the pages that you access, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on our Site or through the Services. We may collect information about the way you use our Services, the device you use, the way you view information or User Content provided through the Services or the way that you view various websites or advertisements that make use of our Services.
Our cookies will also collect certain unidentifiable information from third-parties that click-through or take other actions in relation to the advertisements created, published or displayed through the Services. Similarly, please be aware that certain Services use third-party advertising companies to serve ads through us, which may, directly or indirectly, collect or use information about user visits to our Site (or to additional properties we may aggregate through our Services) to display advertisements more tailored to users’ interests. If you wish to know more about this practice and related options, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) web-site: http://www.networkadvertising.org, which is a cooperative of online advertising companies who are committed to responsible practices and consumer protection.
2. PUBLIC CONTENT SUBMITTED
3. WHAT WE DO OR MIGHT DO WE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
- We may use the information provided to us to:
- Provide, maintain, protect and improve our Services, and to develop new services and offerings;
- Offer users tailored content;
- Contact you from time to time with critical user or service updates or other information important to support the Services. We may contact you to ensure that the information we have in our records is accurate or when in need of additional information to complete your profile;
- Receive feedback and comments from you about our Services and inquire about any features you would like to see in future offerings. We may also contact you to ask for your satisfaction rate, inform you of technical issues, or offer you upgrades, promotions and additional products that you may be interested in;
- Send out newsletters to you with articles and information which we believe may be of interest to you;
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- Bill you as applicable, which might require the use of third-part billing providers. We do not store any of your personal payment information.
- Evaluate your use, preferences and trends for our own internal statistical and analytical purposes;
- Prevent activity we determine to be potentially illegal;
4. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
(1) We are required to do so by law or when necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on Vexigo, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm, financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity. In all cases, such information will only be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
In addition, we may provide aggregate statistics about users, sales, traffic patterns, and other information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any personally identifiable information.
5. LINKS AND THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
6. SECURING THE INFORMATION
We take reasonable technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of the information collected and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data or that of End-Users. While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
In addition, we recommend that you do your part in protecting yourself from unauthorized access to your account by ensuring no one else uses your computer when you are logged in, by logging off from the site when it is not in use and by keeping your password confidential.
If you provide us with any mailings or other communications, you can always choose to opt out.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies or to indicate when cookies are being sent. However, bear in mind that many of our services may not function well if your cookies are disabled.
You can also choose to remove the tracking and collection of cookies from time to time by deleting all of the cookies from your computer or mobile device.
10. CONTACTING US
Any requests for access to your information, modification of your information or questions in respect of this policy should be sent to the following email address email@example.com.
Version: November 23, 2014